Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Desperation Exhaustion Exhilaration

I am at that point in the book. I am so close to done that I can taste it. I almost had the final scenes written today, but couldn't quite get them done before I got too hungry to write anymore and had to break for dinner which then apparently sapped my will to do anything but watch a TV show and work on my plarn bombing project.

The amazing Golden Heart finalist AJ Stewart helped me figure out how to accomplish a major plot point at dinner on Friday night. I should be able to write that scene on Wednesday some time. Now I just want it to happen. I want it to be done. I want to hit send. I don't even care if it's any good. I just want it gone. I am having memories of how good it feels to have it be over. It's a little like finishing a long run. I'm thrilled to stop, but so glad that I did it.

Everyone knows I'm almost done because I keep referring to it as "the f*cking book" which is apparently my tell. I hadn't realized that until about the third person said something about it. Do you have a tell? Can everyone in your tell when you're almost finished?

6 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

Congrats, Eileen!!!

That stage for me is (usually) such a good feeling.

My books are "fucking books" somewhere in the middle or 2/3 of the way through.

I'm sure I have a tell. Probably lots of them. One is to be abrupt on the phone when I'm in the middle of a book. My family is afraid to phone me now. :) Not sure whether that's a good thing, or a bad thing...

Maureen McGowan said...

Oh, and I share the can't stop to eat thing, too.

Earlier in a book, I want to stop all the time. Nearing the end, I just want to keep going, and often forget to eat. But like you, once I let myself stop, I'm dead for the day.

Stephanie Doyle said...

I don't think I have tell... maybe I walk around with a grimace all day when I'm near the end.

And I know I've made a lot of typos in the past.... but please tell me what "plarn bombing" is...

Because I hope that it is a real thing and I'm missig out on a fun new hobby!

Eileen said...

Plarn bombing is yarn bombing done with plarn. Does that help, Steph?

Yarn bombing is kind of a street art thing where you cover something like a public sculpture with crocheting. I have been working with plarn lately. Plarn is plastic yarn made out of plastic grocery bags. So I'm planning on plarn bombing some statues here in Davis. I will totes post pictures when I do it. I already have friends lined up to go my bail in case I get busted. :-)

Molly O'Keefe said...

Ha! I know that f&*king book - I just finished it too. Wow - I hope you got it done and when the adrenaline wears off are incredibly excited by it!!

Eileen said...

Thanks, Molly. Me, too!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...