Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More Glee

I wish this was about my personal glee, but alas. The reason I'm so late posting is I'm a little swamped under and the story of why is too irritating to share, so I won't. :)

But I did have time at about 2:00 am last night to watch Glee (previously DVR'd) and have some thoughts. Not many. Don't get your hopes up.

First. Kurt's dad. Miraculously out of his coma. Can I call em or what?

Second. Should I just give up on there being a plot or any character arcs this season? Last year the story lines were outrageous, but they were fun and they were there. Teen pregnancy. Hot tub conception lies. Fake pregnancies. Marriages ending. Affairs. War between teachers... good stuff. ;)

Third. I was entertained last night. I laughed. I snickered. I smiled. I didn't want to fast forward through any of the songs.

Conclusion: Maybe I should just let this show be what it now appears to be... A farm factory for selling CDs. But an amusing one. I'd love to see a story line, too. But for now, it's as enjoyable a way to spend an hour (44 mins w/o commercials) as watching Survivor, or Top Chef or maybe more on point: ANTM... and I think that's what I should be measuring it against. When I want a story, I'll watch Mad Men (almost over!) or Grey's Anatomy or Parenthood or The Good Wife (which I'm just starting)... Can't really think of much else. Although Dexter held my attention this week, too, for the first time this season...




6 comments:

Sara Hantz said...

We're still waiting for the next season of Glee to start. I LOVE it so much, will def buy all the DVDs!

Maureen McGowan said...

Sara, it is a lot of fun, but the first few episodes of this season have been somewhat disappointing for me.

Eileen said...

It may well lose me, too. I'm not quite there yet. I still need to hear whatever outrageous thing Sue says next.

Maureen McGowan said...

That's another problem with this season. Not enough Sue. Was she even on last night? I don't think so.

Sara Hantz said...

Omg how can there be an episode without Sue, she's so funny!

Stephanie Doyle said...

Just watched Glee last night. I totally agree Maureen. Much better. The difference was that there was a reason for the songs.

It didn't feel like... "I am sad. I must express myself. Let me do it through song."


Much more flow this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...