I would like to nominate myself as the queen of procrastination. I believe I deserve it, especially after the past two weeks.
Here is a list of what I do to avoid writing…
1) read industry blogs. All of them… the list Maureen gave us on Wed, I read them all. Regularly. I tell myself it’s to keep up with the industry, but I read them when I should be working..
2) computer games. I am really, really good at solitaire, freecell and spider solitaire. It takes serious practice to get this good.
3) Other author blogs.. some great, some where the author blathers on at great length about their cats urinary habits, or their dog’s nose hairs, or God help me, an in depth analysis of their favorite day time soap opera. Reading these once is excusable, but I go back on a semi-regular basis for more punishment..
4) Gossip blogs. This one I type with a smile. Love them, have no plans to give them up. Especially Lainey Gossip.. try it, become addicted…like me.
5) Bestseller lists. I look at them too, even though I don’t learn a lot from them.
6) And then I recheck blogs in case something new got added.
If I stopped procrastinating I could write twice as much. And yet, can’t seem to work up enough discipline to stop. It’s a sickness, but I’m pretty sure I’m not the only sick one out there.
How do you procrastinate? Anything interested I missed. I’m always looking for new ways not to write…